This family was enjoying making burgers on the grill when things turned out for the worse.
Six-year-old Anthony started eating a burger his mom had prepared when suddenly he started feeling heavily ill.

He was taken to the ER right away where mom was told what caused it.
Mom Nadia is now forewarning other parents so it will not happen to other families.
“It felt like a needle”, Anthony said to CBC. As soon as he was taken to the local ER, medical professionals realized he had swollen a sharp wire from the family’s metal grill bush.

They are widely spread in homes as they are used to take away grease and food from BBQ grills.
Nadia reported : ”

“We knew something was wrong, and he was in extreme pain because he was crying.

facebook

“From the time we had dinner to the time we had surgery, it was about 12 hours later because our journey started at the local hospital, and we were transported to Sick Kids.”

At first, their attempts to remove the sharp wire out of Neo’s throat were useless as doctors did not have the right means/
However, when they got to the Children’s Hospital the experts removed it.
He was still in danger as Anthony had to be cured of bacterial infection from the wire bristle.

CBC reported: “Reportedly, the doctors had come across this kind of issue before.
“About a year ago, I had a patient who almost died from it,”
He had (eaten) a bristle from a grill brush and he was sick for two weeks,”

facebook

Mr Dixon, a staff member from Barbecue World, elicits the importance of buying a new brush the second it starts to wear out.

It is better if you buy grill brushes whose wires are fixed to a metal piece instead of a plastic or wooden plate as they are safer.

Dixon mentions that this has been a concern ever since metal wires have existed.
Below given is an alternative.
You can totally avoid the use of metal BBQ and have the build-up burn off and in this way, you will clean the surface of the grill.

Dr you can also use an uncooked potato to clean the cooking surface.
The third way is taking aluminium foil to the surface to clean grime.
Nadia said that the reason why they made the story public was to warn others about the dangers of BBQ brushes.

She doesn’t want other families to experience the same thing as they did.

Nadia stated in her post: “I hope to have these brushes removed from the shelves, have them banned.”

Ever since that day. Anthony’s family has been trying to avoid having BBQ’s. Nadia says that her son has a fear of eating anything made on the grill/
Please share this post, to help raise awareness.